( serves 4-6 people )
2 carrots grated
2 celery sticks finely chopped
1 large onion chopped
500g good quality ground turkey or beef
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
2 sprigs of thyme
2 tsp ground cumin
2 tsp paprika
2 tsp smoked paprika
1 tsp dried oregano
1 tbsp sugar
2 tbsp sundried tomatoes
1tbs tomato paste
1 cinnamon stick
2 bay leaf
1 red chili deseded or keep half with seeds if you like it spicy
500ml chicken or beef stock
2 tins kidney beans, drained and rinsed
2 tinned chopped tomatoes
500 G tomato passata
2 squares of 85% dark chocolate
1 bunch of coriander (save half for garnish )
Olive oil, for frying
- Brown the ground beef or turkey and set a side.
- Fry the onion, garlic, chili and thyme in oil.
- Add the dried spices to the onion mixture and cook until they release their aroma.
- Add the carrots and celery.
- Then stir in the turkey/beef. Add the sun dried and tinned tomatoes and leave to cook down a little for about 5 minutes.
- Pour in the chicken or beef stock and stir in tomato puree to taste. Drop the cinnamon,bay leaves and dark chocolate in then bring to the boil and leave to simmer.
- Once the sauce is beginning to thicken add the kidney beans and leave simmer for 30 min. If time allows simmer for longer. The longer the better. Even make it the day before serving. Add salt and pepper for seasoning if needed.
Serve with guacamole and salsa and with Brown rice, quinoa or rustic bread.
Garnish with coriander.
( serves 4-6 people )
2 organic chicken breast
3 celery stalks
2 cloves of garlic
2-3 small zucchinis (Courgettes) (slice into 1 ½ – 2 cm )
2 tin cannellini beans or butter beans
500 ml chicken or vegetable stock
1 organic lemon juice and the grated zest
2-3 springs of fresh thyme (you can use dry)
1tbs Smoked paprika
Bag of Tuscan Kale (has more of a bite when cooked)
2 bay leaves
Salt and Pepper
Fry the chicken for a couple of minutes then put aside. Fry the onion, garlic, carrots and celery garlic and thyme and smoked Paprika. Then add the chicken. Add the stock and cannellini beans and simmer for 15-20 min, then add the lemon juice, the zest and kale. simmer for a few minutes then taste if salt and pepper is needed. Then ready to serve. Use as much Organic produce you can.
Serve in a bowl garnished with parsley. Serve alone, with brown rice, quinoa, mashed potato or maybe a slice of your favorite rustic bread.
I think veggies are always more fun when they are seasoned:) These are just suggestions play with it. A safe bet is always starting with your favorite herbs.
Cut in half
Toss in Olive olive oil, salt and Pepper
Place the large surface on tray to avoid drying out.
Slice, toss in Olive oil, salt, pepper, rosemary and thyme
Cut into small bouquets
Toss in Olive oil, salt, pepper and smoked paprika
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (205 degrees C).
- Place trimmed Brussels sprouts, carrots and cauliflower on the tray
- Roast in the preheated oven for 30 to 45 minutes.
- Optional shake pan every 5 to 7 minutes for even browning.